Digital Marketing Executive
Marketing and Social Media Executive
Job Ref: 2110MKT
We are on a mission to make fast fashion jewellery a thing of the past. We want to make well designed ‘Objects of Beauty’ available to everyone. Quality pieces of jewellery consciously made and consciously purchased. Pieces that will last well, be worn and loved for years.
At Scribble & Stone we understand that a jewellery purchase is as much about making a memory as it is about buying an Object of Beauty. We create quality pieces of jewellery which often mark special moments in people's lives.
Where do we need help:
The purpose of the Marketing and Social Media Executive role is to drive brand awareness and engagement to new and existing audiences using various social media platforms and features, increase our mailing list and ultimately drive traffic to our website to drive conversions and engagement with the Scribble & Stone brand. You will monitor key social trends and respond quickly with interesting and relevant content that is aligned to our brand. You will work creatively, leveraging your social media knowledge to grow our brand online, building our position as a premium brand within our sector.
We are looking for you to join our team if you are a passionate, prolific and talented social media content creator and experienced marketer. We want you to tailor, design, edit and produce various types of content for each social media platform, build our mailing list in tandem with this and execute various marketing campaigns. You will play an integral role in supporting the expansion of our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires you to have a high level of creativity, attention to detail, adaptability and the ability to oversee Scribble & Stones positioning and brand voice on social media and within the wider digital landscape.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
-Liaise with the creative director to devise and execute a structured calendarised content plan for the business in line with the company's marketing plan.
- Develop consistent social media and email campaigns within the above annual content calendar in line with our retail cycle.
- Create and curate diverse, engaging content to drive leads, subscribers, awareness and other important metrics.
- Advise on relevant KPIs and metrics for analysing the success of these activities.
- Oversee and review new and existing social media platforms and develop and implement strategies, systems and goals for their growth.
- Help conceptualise, develop and create per-platform content (eg, Instagram Reels, Pinterest Pins etc.) while identifying emerging trends and activating quickly to drive innovation, grow engagement, and community size within the platform.
- Create compelling social media content in multiple formats (Images, Gifs, Memes, Video, Photography). The candidate must be very creative, have an eye for design and must have the skillset to create compelling stories in multiple formats.
- Develop and edit content including website blog, digital imagery, etc. through social media to engage target audiences and grow new audiences.
- Daily monitoring of social performance as well as monitoring key social/cultural/pop trends, consistently brainstorming and creating new reactive content for Scribble & Stone.
- Participate in wider brainstorms and content ideation, to develop creative assets and content within agreed budget.
- Lead and manage all content opportunities for social, creating social first content by capturing behind the scenes footage, Instagram reels and styling videos on campaigns, shoots, in-store merchandising and at events.
- Build relationships to generate and then monitor content and UGC from influencers, micro-influencers & community, selecting key posts for inclusion in social plan.
- Ability to act as a brand ambassador for Scribble & Stone on shoots with talent and partner brands.
- Attend relevant events and stores to produce live social media content - this will include work outside of office hours occasionally.
- Tailor digital content for each social media platform (Twitter post, Instagram post, IGTV, story or reel, etc.) by creating, designing, editing, reshaping and reframing content produced by either external partners or your own original content.
- Create daily social media content (Canva, Photoshop etc.) that develops brand awareness, establishes Scribble & Stone as a trusted source of quality conscious purchasing in its sector and builds credibility.
- Build Mailchimp database and liaise with management to execute email marketing campaigns
- Analyse, measure and react to social media engagement success, monitor, refine and evolve social media plan.
- Bring fresh ideas for Scribble & Stone’s social media and marketing strategy and have the ability to branch into new projects and platforms as necessary.
- Maintain consistent brand voice across different social media channels.
You love good design and fashion, particularly jewellery! You believe, like us, in the importance of buying less and buying better. You understand the importance of conscious purchasing above fast disposable fashion.
You have relevant qualifications and/or experience. You are keen and ambitious for yourself and for the company you work in. You are energetic, innovative and have a positive mind-set with an entrepreneurial spirit.
You have proven experience of creating content for social media and building audiences online across all platforms preferably within an e-commerce environment. You know what is important when it comes to social media activity. You relish the challenge and opportunity of building a strong social media identity for a small but ambitious brand. You are passionate, highly creative and excellent at producing content for social media with the ability to create brand traction via influence on social mediums.
You love being part of a team but are also happy to work independently as a member of a small, driven team with an excellent ability to manage your own workflow. You genuinely like people and are good at understanding and communicating. You appreciate the value of building relationships and recognise the importance in a growing micro-enterprise of lending a hand wherever needed.
You are a confident communicator who can provide excellent and concise reporting of data. You have a highly intuitive nature and are extremely eager to learn with a strong analytical mind that can provide fresh insight to our management team.
Recommended to have some or all:
- Relevant Degree/Qualification in Marketing/Communications or Business Discipline
- 2-5 years experience in a similar role
- Examples of your work - link is acceptable
- Marketing/Social Media with e-commerce experience
- Email Marketing experience...Mailchimp or other
- Ability to write unique and compelling content to engage and help inform users e.g Blogs, etc.
- Experience with Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) desirable but not essential
- In depth knowledge of all e-commerce metrics and ability to identify KPIs
- Graphic design skills a plus
What we offer:
- A Competitive Salary
- A flexible working environment
- A hard-working friendly team
- A generous discount on our range and other ranges we sell
- Bonus in line with hitting sales targets
Please send your cover letter and CV to Info@ScribbleAndStone.com and Jenny@ScribbleAndStone.com
Reference ID: REF: 2110MKT
Contract length: 6-12 months with possibility of extension
Salary: Negotiable/Commensurate with experience
Application deadline: 19/10/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract